Friday, February 08, 2013

Featured Artist - Jonah, grade 7

blue sparkle
The sketchbook and drawings above were created by Jonah, a 7th grader in applied art.

Below is an interview I conducted with her about her art.

Mr. LebanHow long have you been drawing and making art?

Jonah: I’ve been drawing seriously probably since I was around 9 or 10 years old. I’ve been creating art and doing little projects at home since I was at least 4 or 5.

Mr. Leban: What inspires you to draw?

Jonah: It all depends really. Sometimes when I’m just excited or in love or in a good mood I draw what represent’s me or what I’m feeling. Other times when I’m sad or angry I put it into my art and express myself in a way I can’t do or say.

Mr. Leban: What are your favorite things to draw?

Jonah:  I am in LOVE with manga and I always draw it whenever I have time.

Mr. Leban: What materials do you use to make your drawings?

Jonah: I usually use different ink pens and the brand is specifically for manga/ Japanese art.

Mr. Leban: What is a goal you have set for yourself as an artist?

Jonah: My goal would be to set one of my art pieces into a contest someday when I’m older, but for now I just love drawing and want to do it for the rest of my life.

No comments: