Wednesday, September 23, 2009

iPhone Camera Apps

I'm hooked on iPhone apps, particularly ones for the iPhone camera. I thought I’d go over some of our favorite ones that my wife and I use. If you try them out and come up with some cool photos, I’d love to see them!

Here are some of our favorite photo apps:

  1. OldCamera – this camera app makes photos look like they were taken with an “old” camera – black & white, high contrast, grainy, and soft. My favorite is to change the setting so that all of my photos are square instead of the standard rectangle shot.
  2. iPhotoBooth – (see below and to the right) this app lets you take 4 photos and puts them into a photo strip, just like a photo booth.
  3. Polarize – this very simple app puts your picture into a “Polaroid” frame. You can add writing on the bottom strip if you like, too.
  4. UFO Camera GOLD – this one is great fun. Add your own UFOs to any photo and adjust it to make it look like they’re really there.
  5. TiltShiftGen – we use this app to focus on a particular part of a photo, and make the rest blurry. It gives a photo an old-fashioned effect, but really draws the viewer’s eye into the subject of the photo.
  6. ColorSplash – make a photo black & white. Then restore color just to the parts that you choose. Fun!
  7. KittyCamera – The sample image really says it all. Add Hello Kitty cartoon details on top of your existing photo (this is my brother in law, Mr. Miller, who works at Bryan Middle School in Elmhurst). The cartoon changes each time - I like the fact that I never know what to expect each time, and it's usually pretty funny!

No comments: